Not long ago, getting your song played on the radio was your golden ticket to getting discovered. Once you hit the airwaves, you had the chance to make it big. Today, things work differently.
The key to success for modern artists is getting your music on Spotify playlists.
When your music enters a playlist, it is instantly funneled to all of the playlist’s followers, helping you cultivate a stronger fanbase, increase popularity, and gain traction within the Spotify algorithm.
That’s why we created PlaylistMap, the playlisting solution that’s redefining how artists, labels, and producers connect with Spotify playlist curators.
With PlaylistMap, you get direct access to the gatekeepers of your future fans — millions of them.
Getting your music on Spotify playlists is hard
Even for musicians who already understand the importance of getting their songs on Spotify playlists, actually achieving this is not easy, especially if you do the work manually.
Without a playlisting solution, you need to search Spotify for the right playlists one at a time. Even if you spend hours searching, you’ll only uncover a fraction of relevant playlists.
Then, you just hope that the curator has published their contact information so you can send them a message and pitch your song.
But how do you know what to say?
You write a bunch of drafts and send one off, hoping it will be compelling and descriptive enough to convince the curator to listen to your track.
Even after all of this work, there’s no guarantee your music will make it on a playlist.
After trying this method and experiencing limited success, we decided to build something better.
PlaylistMap is the solution that makes the process of finding hyper-relevant playlists and pitching your music fast and easy. With our platform, you can scale up your pitching efforts to increase your chances of getting on your ideal playlists.
Even super-niche musicians, who often struggle to find playlists in their subgenre, can find thousands of relevant playlists on PlaylistMap.
PlaylistMap is reinventing the art of playlisting
Our mission is simple. We empower musicians to share their music with the world by connecting them to the right curators and giving them the tools to craft a successful pitch.
With PlaylistMap, our users get:
- Access to the largest catalogue of Spotify playlist curators available. Currently at +12,000 curators, with more added every week.
- Affordable pricing. We offer four monthly subscription plans (including a free plan) that offer different amounts of credits which users use to unlock playlist curator contact information. PlaylistMap is designed for artists on a budget — our prices are fair and affordable.
- Advanced search capabilities to filter results and focus on relevant playlists. Search by genre, sub-genre, artists who are similar to you, or playlist name.
- Routinely updated playlist information. See when each playlist was last updated, how many followers it has, and which top artists are featured on it.
- Email pitch tool. Once you unlock a curator’s contact information, you can view a variety of customizable email templates to help you clearly articulate your sound, vibe, and goal. Simply fill out the templates or use them as a starting point to build off of and craft the perfect pitch.
- Total control and transparency. We believe you, the artist, should have complete control and clarity into how your music is pitched to curators, as well as the status of your pitch. With PlaylistMap, you craft and send your own pitch (with the help of our pitch templates), and communicate directly with curators.
What about the other playlisting tools out there?
Yes, there are several other playlisting platforms out there that promise to help you get your music on Spotify playlists. But after evaluating each of them, we saw that this market was lacking a tool that covers all of our core values:
- Access — Most of the other available solutions cover only a fraction of the Spotify playlist out there (think: 2,000 or less). Numbers this low will have limited value to offer you.
- Accuracy — In order to choose the right playlists to pitch you music too, you need accurate and updated information on them. Unfortunately, other playlisting tools don’t make it a priority to update their playlist data, so you may not know if a playlist is no longer active, has new followers, or new top artists.
- Affordability — Many of them are way too expensive, even though they claim to be built for emerging artists.
- Transparency — Platforms that pitch your music for you say they are doing you a favor, but too often, that’s not the case. Not having transparency or control over the pitch process prevents you from having a say in how your music is discussed. This leads to generic or even automated pitches that get you nowhere.
We built PlaylistMap because we think musicians shouldn’t need to compromise on these values just to have a shot at getting their music heard.
This is only the beginning
Why do we love PlaylistMap so much?
It’s because we truly believe in our hearts that this is a tool that can make a positive impact on the lives and careers of musicians all over the world.
PlaylistMap was built to help you do just this. As we grow, add more features and capabilities, and improve our platform, we will get better and better at helping musicians fulfill their dreams.