Since the start of the year, the way independent artists release their music has changed. It is now more important than ever to get your marketing strategy right for your new releases.
All too often, WE see talented music creators releasing new music without having a plan in place for a successful release. That’s why we’ve created this article to use as a checklist when it comes to releasing new projects. Take notes
- Distribution of audio and visuals: Submit your project for distribution a few days before it goes live and schedule your public release date at least two to four weeks in advance to reach curators and editors.
- Visuals: Have a plan in place for releasing photos and videos to support your new music. Don’t wait too long to release a music video, or the momentum may have passed.
- Promotional content calendar: Plan out your pre-launch, launch, and post-launch strategy across all platforms. Focus on building momentum and awareness around your new release.
- Marketing on social media: Create a pre-launch strategy, launch your music, and then push it post-launch. Connect with fans and new followers across all platforms.
- Collaborations and partnerships: Collaborate with other artists and brands to reach a wider audience and strengthen your brand.
- Playlisting: Submit your music for playlist consideration and join user-generated playlists.
- Press and blogs: Reach out to press and bloggers for coverage and reviews of your music.
Remember, the key to a successful release is having a well-planned strategy in place. Follow these steps and you’ll be on your way to building a strong release ecosystem.